Fri, Jun 23|
The Living Room
A Reading Series and Salon
Time & Location
Jun 23, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
San Francisco, 395 S Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
About the event
Join us in the living room at Syzygy on the Fourth Friday of each month for intimate poetry performances, ideas, and conversation. Based in the Mission district of San Francisco, Each 90 minute event has a theme, set of at least five poets, 15 minute intermission of open discussion about a question that affects Bay Area residents or the world at-large, and a community partner who uplifts vulnerable populations that we spotlight to help raise awareness and solicit donations of funds or time for the cause.
You can see previous themes on the homepage. Some upcoming themes include: Enviornment, Tricks, Capatilism, Extinction, and Renewal.
Most events will have the structure:
- 2 minutes introduction to theme
- 3 minutes word from community partner
- 15-20 minutes first set of readers
- 15 minutes open discussion of theme among audience, community partner shoutout
- 10-15 minutes second set of readers
- 2 minute in closing and final community partner shoutout